Thursday 19 January 2012

Goodbye 2011.. Hello 2012


I know I'm not writing this on the first or anything close but HAPPY NEW YEAR...
Or is it?
We'll come to that in a bit
On the plus side 2011 ended really well :) Holidays were really fun, memorable indeed. I actually put the word party in the 'Party Like A Rockstar'. I thought I was gonna pass out. Literally. I was so exhausted. So many functions EVERY SINGLE DAY. Family, friends , tweeps (ugh I hate that word but yeah) I met a lot of my twitter buds. Even more at TNC3. It was crazy but was so much fun - spending time with loved ones and all. I LOVED IT...
Then the year ended and we entered the new year and I was happy. I really was. Until the 2nd. So many things happened that day, I felt terrible... A blast from the past was messing with my emotions, then the fuel subsidy issue, I was just worried about the possibility of a strike, I didn't need another delay. Another reason not to resume school on time and to top it all off I was pms'n. Some luck huh. You can imagine how messed up I was feeling.
Spent at least 20 out of 24 hours of that day in one bed or the other. I needed the rest anyway...
So the new year had begun and I came back home and it started...
The boredom, the depression. Feeling useless. It all started coming back. I thought I was done with that. Feeling like that. I mean I was happy for months. Heck I was happy days back. Everything just felt wrong and upside down... My room looked like a bomb had gone off in it.
So I started there...
Spring cleaning. Cleaned my room for about three days. Like totally cleaning. Went through everything, threw out a lot of stuff... Gave out a lot as well. I needed space. Space for the new stuff.... Space to breathe.
After that was done I was bored again. I felt like I was choking in my own house. By this time the nationwide strike was ongoing. That fuel subsidy matter is something I don't wanna get started on.  >_<. As I was saying. The strike was on and we were all stuck in our houses. So I decided to paint my room. I'd been thinking about it but now I had the time. Luckily I had everything I needed in the house. Well there was only one bucket of pink paint left but there was cream (which looks more yellow) so I decided to mix and match.
I ended up using three colours. I mixed the cream and pink and I got this peachy, sunset yellow colour. I used it for one wall and my ceiling. Yes I went up there. Now I'm all done and I've moved back in and I feel better.
I still wanna do more decorating. I will. New curtains, painting, bedside lamp, carpet...
Maybe the new things and new look would bring in a new feel and a wave of fresh air...  I feel like I'm choking... Everything feels wrong and I don't even know why...
I. Need. To. Breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment